Thursday, November 23, 2017

Thursday Word List #3

Welcome to our 'Thursday Word List' prompt!  Some people call them 'wordles' or 'word banks,' but here at Pink.Girl.Ink. we refer to these simply as 'word lists.'


How It Works:

EVERY THURSDAY, I will select a list of at least 10 words (sometimes more).  I pull these words from a favorite literary piece that has inspired me. Usually I pull these words from another poem.  I always provide the title of the piece, as well as the author, unless you want to go read it for yourself.

The idea is to take those 10 words and create a new, unique piece of writing of your own.

I love word lists/wordles because  they allow me to use words I don't often use, and those new words encourage fresh concepts and ideas for my poetry.


The Word List for this week is selected from the original, gritty lyrics of Bob Dylan as they appear in his song titled Idiot Wind


The Word List for this week comes from a poem by Marge Piercy, titled The Air Smelled Dirty.




Word List:
mountains
dark
furnace
frost
windows
magic
landscapes
skirts
night
shadows
scampered