Saturday, May 2, 2015

Talisha Harrison: Poetry

I’m 32


I’ve got the
Blues
That’s nothing new

Finances are tight
Things aren’t right
There’s no hope
In sight

Everyday I feel
I have no say
In how this orange
Which is my life
Will peel

I question whether
I have friends and
I guess that depends
On many things
Which-

Oh crap
This part doesn’t
Rhyme is that
A poetic crime?

I’m 32
I’ve got the
Blues
That’s nothing new

I get depressed
And want to die
But then I cry
And want to live
But what the hell am
I living for?
I really don’t know.

I don’t have a guy
But that doesn’t
Make me cry
I just sigh
Because whenever
I do have a guy
In REAL LOVE
I get denied

When I first
Told my ‘friends’
About Graves
I didn’t get the
Feeling that
They cared
So I regretted
That I shared
I’m 32

I’ve got the
Blues
That’s nothing new

I wonder what
Will the future
Lead me to?
It’ll most likely
Be bad cause
For the most
Part that’s what
I’ve had

I’m not excited
About life
Nor do I care
Sometimes
I wish that the
Earth was
Bare
With no
People to
Share

The dark
Is overtaking
Me
There’s nothing
Bright or good
That I can see
People say it’s
Always darkest
Before the dawn
I yawn at the dawn
Who never stays up
For me

 I’m 32
I’ve got the
Blues

That’s nothing new

No comments:

Post a Comment